The Arc Family Support Center in partnership with the Department of Developmental Services strives to meet the unique needs of individuals with disabilities of all ages and their families/caregivers.
Our services are open to all persons with developmental disabilities, autism and brain injuries living in our service area.
Family Support Services Overview
- Case management
- Inter-Agency Coordination
- Support Groups for parents, siblings, grandparents and caregivers
- PCA/Respite Services
- Social Recreation opportunities
Educational Training, Information and Workshops
- Workshops and trainings are provided for parents, caregivers, individuals and professionals addressing a variety of current topics and policy.
- Resource and Lending Library available in the Family Support Center.
- Assistance is provided to families in identifying and obtaining needed services, access to information and referrals to partnering agencies and organizations.
- Bread Pantry through Panera Bread Dough Nation program.
- Emergency funding and providing basic needs through United Way grants.
- Holiday Giving Food and Gifts through partnerships with local businesses, private donations, Toys for Tots.
- Annual Coat Drive, Buddy Benches as well as tickets for local area attractions and theme parks.
- Community based Food pantry developed in partnership with DCF Patch program, DDS and the United Way.
- Back-to-school backpacks are provided to students we serve, filled with school supplies, lunch boxes and reusable Cool Gear water bottles. Special thanks to Cool Gear Inc., Walmart, Staples and W.B. Mason for their contributions!
Agency with Choice (AWC)
Agency with Choice is a cutting-edge service which allows the person receiving services to co-manage where their funds are allocated, in collaboration with The Arc of Greater Plymouth. The Arc of Greater Plymouth is the smallest agency in the state offering this service, with the highest number of people supported by it. People with disabilities and their families value the ability to determine how their funds are allocated when utilizing our AWC service.
Department of Early and Secondary Education (DESE/DDS Project)
The Arc of Greater Plymouth’s DESE service is a collaboration between the local public school system and the Department of Developmental Services to provide services to a household with a student with disabilities to help them thrive in their home environment.
For more information about Family Support programs please contact the Family Support Program Director, Kristine Marquis, at (508) 732-9292 ext 117 or KristineM@thearcofgp.org