The Center provides an array of services and supports that are ever changing and individualized based on each participant’s situation and area of need. While the majority of those receiving services are referred by the Plymouth Area DDS office, most of our programs are open to all persons with developmental disabilities living in Carver, Duxbury, Halifax, Hanover, Hanson, Kingston, Marshfield, Pembroke, Plymouth,
Plympton and beyond.
Family Support Navigation
- Case management is provided for both long and short term recognizing and considering the strengths of the families and those of their community.
- Inter-Agency Coordination involves assisting families to utilize and manage a variety of services through state, local and private agencies and organizations.
- Support Groups for parents, grandparents and caregivers as well as siblings through the nationally recognized Sibshops program. The Arc became a certified Sibshops provider in 2008.
- PCA/Respite Services assist eligible individuals through the referral process for the Masshealth PCA program and match skilled providers for hire as needed.
- • Social Recreation provides a wide range of social, athletic, educational and life skills programs and special events for all ages and abilities.
- Workshops and trainings are provided for parents, caregivers, individuals and professionals addressing a variety of current topics and policy.
- Resource and Lending Library available in the Family Support Center.
Information and Referral
- Assistance is provided to families in identifying and obtaining needed services, access to information and referrals to partnering agencies and organizations.
- Information, policy and agency wide topics are easily accessible for individuals and families through our website, Facebook site, monthly Family Support updates and quarterly agency newsletter.
Developing Partnerships, Enriching Communities
- Community based Food pantry developed in partnership with DCF Patch program, DDS and the United Way.
- Bread Pantry through Panera Bread Dough Nation program
- Emergency funding and providing basic needs through United Way grants.
- Holiday Giving Food and Gifts through partnerships with local businesses, private donations, Toys for Tots.
- Annual Coat Drive, Buddy Benches as well as Limited flex tickets for local area attractions and theme parks.
- Community Outreach, sponsorship of free public activities such as Family Movie Night.
Additional Family Support Center Programs
- DESE/DDS Project administered by the Department of Developmental Services and funded through the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. The Arc coordinates the program on behalf of the Plymouth Area DDS office.
- Agency with Choice (AWC) a co-employment self determination program administered by DDS and coordinated by the Arc on behalf of the Plymouth Area DDS office.
- Emergency Respite provides out of home respite options for the Plymouth Area DDS office in times of crisis.
Providers open their home to an individual administering care, transportation and activities of daily living for as long as needed.
For more information about Family Support programs please contact the Family Support Director Kristine Marquis at 508 732-9292 ext 117 or KristineM@thearcofgp.org