For the sixth year, The Arc of Greater Plymouth has offered six $500 Grants to regular and special education teachers in the towns of Plymouth, Carver, Duxbury, Kingston, Hanover, Pembroke and Marshfield. The grant, SPREADING INCLUSION is awarded for classroom supplies, classroom presentations/field trips, or professional development that promotes further inclusive education within the regular education classroom – or in the community in the case of Post Graduate Special Education Certificate programs.
It is with great pleasure that The Arc of Greater Plymouth offers congratulations to the 2014 school- year winners.
- Janet Curley – Art Teacher Hanover High School
- Megan Hokanson – Kindergarten Teacher Manomet Elementary
- Coleen Jones – OT – Hanover Middle School & High School
- Lauren Andersen – Physical Education Teacher – PNHS
- Meena Tondravi- Speech Therapist&/ Barbara Gravelle –Sped Teacher – PNHS
- Christine Belmonte- Sped Teacher Project Growth PNHS
We encourage all faculty to support inclusive education, consider new projects to promote further inclusion and apply to The Arc for funding support.