Social Recreation Coordinator
Designation: Social Recreation Coordinator
Location: Plymouth, MA
June 11, 2019
If you are looking for an opportunity with an organization that makes a lasting difference in people’s lives, join The Arc of Greater Plymouth as our Social Recreation Coordinator.
The Arc of Greater Plymouth seeks a highly motivated, caring, and energetic Social Recreation Coordinator who can help guide individuals with disabilities through innovative, inclusive, and community-based sports, activities and recreational opportunities. Our growing Family Support Center focuses on empowering and supporting people with disabilities to belong, contribute and thrive in their respective communities. As the Social Recreation Coordinator, you will be an active participant in coordinating both small and large group activities. This position requires a combination of day, evening and weekend hours to accommodate both in office planning and on-going community-based activities.
The impact you will make:
- You will create and disseminate program brochures for both new and on-going events, maintain event registrations, emergency fact sheets and social recreation client lists.
- You will visit museums, see Broadway shows, attend monthly dances, paint and play ball.
- You will be proactive in maintaining consistent contact with individuals and solicitation feedback on current and/or new programming.
- You will diligently maintain Family Support Center paperwork to include registrations, vendors invoices, photo releases, and budgetary spreadsheets.
- You will share front line knowledge of community resources and opportunities with the Family Support Director to identify and address any issues or concerns, to explore and identify potential new events and programs and to regularly review social recreation budgets and spending.
- You will attend Family Support Center meetings, regular client review and coordination meetings and individual supervision with the Assistant Family Support Director.
The Skills, Experience and Characteristics you will bring:
- Your personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to and for Arc’s mission statement will be critical to your success.
- High energy, ability to engage those with developmental disabilities and those diagnosed with ASD, and to foster team spirit is a must.
- A demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- An ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a human services field is preferred but not necessary. Experience working in human services, recreation therapy, or Life skills/special education can be substituted for a college degree. A previous position working with persons with developmental disabilities is highly desirable.
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft office suite, Publisher a bonus.
- Valid Driver’s license with clean driving record
- Must be able to pass criminal background check
If interested in this exciting opportunity, please send a resume and cover letter to Kristine Marquis at firstname.lastname@example.org