Direct Care Support Staff
March 7, 2019
We are currently looking for part-time Direct Care Support staff for evening, night and weekend hours to support individuals we serve whom live in an Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) home.
- Establishing positive, professional, objective, and supportive working relationships with individuals being served
- Engaging in activities with individuals that assist them in living independently in their community
- Depending on an individual’s service plan (ISP), support may include companionship, assistance with personal hygiene, functional mobility, and/or coaching on life skills for living as independently as possible.
- Transport and provide direct support on community outings.
- Assist in light household tasks as meal preparation, laundry & shopping.
Qualification / Requirements
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and for The Arc’s mission statement.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Proven success developing positive working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Staff are required to complete appropriate documentation to ensure services are being delivered.
- Bachelor’s degree or RBT preferred with 2-3 years’ experience working with adults on the spectrum.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record and must be able to pass criminal background checks.
- CPR/First Aide (Training will be provided)
- MAP (Training will be provided)
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, kneel, sit, reach, and climb stairs. Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds using proper lifting techniques or the use of two-person lift. Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment such as a copier & printer. Ability to assist persons served with tasks of daily living.