Case Manager in our Adult Foster Care (AFC) division
Designation: Case Manager in our Adult Foster Care (AFC) division
Location: Plymouth, MA
June 11, 2019
If you are looking for a job with an organization that makes a lasting difference in people’s lives, join The Arc of Greater Plymouth as a Case Manager in our Adult Foster Care (AFC) division.
The Arc of Greater Plymouth seeks a highly motivated, caring, and enthusiastic Case Manager who will function as an integral part of the interdisciplinary team to provide service planning for new and ongoing participants in the AFC program. As a Case Manager, you will work with Caregivers to ensure that participants with developmental disabilities receive appropriate support in living a full life. During your regular visits, you will train and supervise Caregivers, provide support to ensure the program participant and thriving in a safe, clean and fulfilling environment. Our Adult Foster Care program focuses on empowering and supporting people with disabilities to belong, contribute and thrive in their respective communities.
The impact you will make:
- During your on-site visits, you will support and evaluate the program participant and his/her Caregiver, provide training, and ensure care plans are being followed.
- You will conduct assessments with potential new participants and monitor the needs of existing service recipients.
- You will complete care management progress notes for each site visit to monitor the qualified setting, notate care plan progress or any significant changes.
- You will make referrals to appropriate service providers if member requires additional services outside of the AFC program.
- You will develop or maintain an emergency backup and personal care contingency plan for assigned cases.
The Skills, Experience and Characteristics you will bring:
- Your ability to maintain a flexible schedule to accommodate evening visits when that is best for the provider or participant.
- Your personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to and for Arc’s mission statement will be critical to your success.
- Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will enable you to be effective in this role.
- A demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- A proven record of top-notch organizational and effective time management skills
- An ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required in conjunction with at least 2 years of experience working with persons with developmental disabilities.
- A knowledge of program management and of client groups.
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft office suite.
- Valid Driver’s license with clean driving record
- Must be able to pass criminal background check
If interested in this exciting opportunity, please send a resume and cover letter to Casey Therrien at CaseyT@thearcofgp.org