AWC Family Support Coordinator
Designation: AWC Family Support Coordinator
Location: Plymouth, MA
June 11, 2019
The AWC Family Support Coordinator is responsible for providing contracted Agency of Choice contract services to families that are being supported through the Family Support Center. This includes Information and Referral, Co-Management of individuals’ meaningful day, Respite Coordination to DDS eligible individuals or those in process, and preparation of stipends, reimbursements and provider time sheets for payment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide Information and Referral resources to all individuals, parents, caregivers as their first point of contact at The Arc’s Family Support Center.
- To maintain monthly contact via phone or email with all eligible AWC individuals and their caregivers.
- To assist families, identify areas of need as related to their individual with ID/DD to help create an environment of choice.
- To continue to research and become educated in benefits, entitlements, policy, resources, disability and special education related laws and proposed legislation.
- To identify needs via DDS tools (Individual Service Plan & team meetings) to determine short term and long term self-determination goals and desired outcomes.
- To work with the individual and family/caregivers to provide resources and supports.
- To maintain AWC program paperwork to include initial vetting of providers, case notes, monthly contact reports, weekly schedules, action plans, provider timesheets, and payroll.
- Process bi-weekly payroll by compiling the timesheets and submit to payroll department
- Develop annual family support plans and build financial budgets
- To work with the Family Support Director to identify and address any issues or concerns, and to regularly review client budgets and spending.
- To work within the guidelines of the DDS contract and funding.
- To attend Family Support Center meetings, regular client review and coordination meetings and individual supervision with the Family Support Director.
- Support the Family Support team with a variety of giving programs including Food Pantry, Holiday Assistance, Backpack programs, and fundraising.
- To perform other tasks that will benefit individuals, families, the agency and/or team as requested by the Executive Director and/or Family Support Director.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to and for The Arc’s mission statement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work cooperatively and effectively with families and others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Proven organizational and effective time management skills
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Proven success developing positive working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not necessary and/or 2-5 years’ experience working in human services, allied health, or education/special education or position working with persons with developmental disabilities
- Knowledge of program management and of client groups
- Proficient in Microsoft office & outlook, Microsoft Excel preferred, but not necessary
- Valid Driver’s license with clean driving record
- Must be able to pass criminal background check
- Must be able to remain in stationary position 50% of the time
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.