AFC Billing Specialist
Designation: AFC Billing Specialist
Location: Plymouth, MA
June 11, 2019
Job Purpose: The Billing Specialist will provide support to the AFC program by performing a variety of tasks as it pertains to billing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain files and records for the AFC program in compliance with billing per Masshealth regulations (e.g., respite tracking, Leave of Absence days, PCP NPI lists, intake forms, client lists, billing spreadsheets and templates, etc.)
- Inform all applicable staff and 3rd party biller of any changes to PCP NPI lists.
- Process bi-monthly AFC billing ensuring accuracy.
- Complete Masshealth verification checks and duplication of services checks on Masshealth members of AFC.
- Maintain and routinely audit caregiver files per regulations to ensure compliance as it pertains to billing.
- Oversee/document/ follow up with entire Leave Form process on a daily basis
- Perform cross-reference QA of billing/tracking forms with monthly logs
- Oversee completion and submission of Add-Edit billing forms.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to and for the Arc’s mission statement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational and effective time management skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and /or resolve the problem
- Proven success developing positive working relationships with diverse stakeholders
- High School degree with at least 2 years of administrative experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office and outlook, specifically excel
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.