1 on 1- CBDS
March 8, 2019
The Arc of Greater Plymouth is seeking a community/employment support specialist to provide 1:1 support to a male at his employment & in the community during outings. This specialist will provide individualized supports with the goal of maximizing his capacity for personal growth and community membership consistent with his goals.
Qualification / Requirements
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure goals are being implemented and track goals as outlined in the ISP
- Ensure the rights and dignity of all people supported is upheld at all times
- Encourage Individual to independently complete tasks as directed by their Supervisor
- Transport Individual, as required, to and from job sites and community activities
- Complete daily and quarterly documentation according to a designated format
- Attend monthly staff meetings, trainings and other meetings as requested unless excused by Supervisor
- Provide 1:1 training on in-house and community job sites
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to and for Arc’s mission statement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Proven success developing positive working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2-3 years in a related field
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record and must be able to pass criminal background checks.
- CPR/First Aide (Training will be provided)
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, kneel, sit, reach, and climb stairs. Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds using proper lifting techniques or the use of two-person lift. Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment such as a copier & printer. Ability to assist persons served with tasks of daily living.